Growing up I always aspired to one day become a professional athlete. I played various sports with my friends in the neighborhood – from basketball, football, baseball you name it. It wasn’t until basketball tryouts my 7th grade year, that I understood what competition & skill training was all about. By the end of the 3rd day of tryouts the list was posted & my name nowhere to be found…
From that point on I was determined to become the best at my craft! That summer I worked extremely hard on improving my skill set, while continuing to venture into different sports. By my senior year in high school, my hard work paid off. I earned Male Athlete of the Year and a scholarship to the University of North Carolina!
That hard work and determination was now apart of who I am and landed me a career in the NFL for 9+ years. Throughout my career, both college and professional, I learned that greater things can be achieved when working together on a common goal.
It is extremely important to me to help mentor and guide the youth, as they someday will become our future leaders. As I reflect on my career, I have realized that creating an active lifestyle has improved my health and well-being, but also better prepared me for life today.
- 2005 High School All-American
- 2006 Havelock High School Male Athlete of the Year Committed to UNC-Chapel Hill
- 2x Second Team All-ACC
- 2010 Butkus Award Finalist
- ACC Record for most punts blocked in a single game (3)
- Lead the nation in blocked kicks in 2008 (5)
- Second Round draft pick in 2011 (40th overall) (Dallas Cowboys)
- 2010 ESPN Workout Warrior Winner
- Considered one of the Nation’s Top Linebackers
- 8 year NFL Veteran
- Dallas Cowboys (2011-2014)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2015)
- New York Jets (2016-2017)
- Atlanta Falcons (2018)